JOHANNESBURG— South African Airways has received clearance to commence operations between South Africa and Zimbabwe.
Flights between South Africa and Zimbabwe were affected due to flight restrictions imposed by the Zimbabwean authorities on operations. The decision to impose the restriction was based on the requirement from Zimbabwean authorities for SAA to have a Foreign Operators Permit (FOP) to operate in that country.
The airline had to cancel operations between Johannesburg, Harare and Vic Falls.
Since the grounding of SAA’s aircraft in Harare yesterday, the airline prepared and submitted all required documentation in compliance with the instruction from the Zimbabwean authorities.
Following the clearance and approval received, SAA started recovering its schedule.
SA025 which was grounded yesterday will depart this morning at 10h00.
SAA encourages customers to visit our website www.flysaa.com for regular updates on flight schedules.
Assistance will be provided to all ticketed passengers holding South African Airway’s Ticket (only) affected by the flight cancellations of yesterday, Saturday 19 August 2017 via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or dedicated Travel Agent with the following conditions.
Rebooking Conditions applicable
• Rebook onto another South African Airways flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability of the same booking class. Provided the same ticket is used.
• Change of cabin will not be permitted
• This policy is applicable to South African Airways flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
• Separate ticket purchases on other airline will not be supported for a refund
• Tickets must be re-issued on or before Tuesday, 22 August 2017
South African Airways Call Centre and City Office Contact details
• Johannesburg Call Centre | 27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
• Harare City Office | 26 3 8677 702 702
• Harare Airport International Airport | 26 3 8677 702 702
• Victoria Falls International Airport |26 3 8677 702 702
Or visit https://www.flysaa.com/help/customer-support/contact-us
The airline regrets any inconvenience to our customers as a result of the service disruption.
Next Update | Subject to change
Issued by SAA Group Corporate Affairs
For media information, please contact:
Tlali Tlali (Mr)
Mobile: +27 82 333 3880
Office: +27 11 978 2298
Switchboard: +27 11 978-1000
Twitter (customer service): @flysaa_care
Head of Marketing: Ms. Kim Thipe
Office: (011) 978-5597