HONG KONG, 2013-04-16 Dragonair has launched a new European-themed menu that features authentic dishes inspired by the cuisines of France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Switzerland. First Class and Business Class passengers on selected Dragonair flights from Hong Kong to Beijing and Shanghai can now enjoy the dishes from this newly introduced menu through to mid-October.
The menu features 40 classic dishes drawn from five selected European countries with taste highlights including cheese and creamy sauces from Switzerland, Italian pastas and vegetables, French wine and herbs, German sausages and saukeraut, as well as chorizo and tomatoes from Spain.
Dragonair General Manager Inflight Services Andy Wong said: “Dragonair is committed to providing the best inflight services and products, and our Chinese and Asian menus have long been recognised as one of the best dining offerings in the air. Now we are taking the inflight dining experience beyond Asia with our new European menu, which will bring new surprises for valued customers on our busiest routes to Mainland China.
“Hong Kong has one of the world’s most eclectic dining scenes and our catering provider has been able to utilise tasty ingredients from both local and imported sources to produce a wide range of European delicacies for our passengers, especially international travellers, to enjoy.”
Among the selections on the menu are the two “chef’s recommendations”: “Pork Cordon Bleu with Demi-glace, Kenya Beans, Cherry Tomato Ragout and Potato”, and “Pan-fried Cod Fish with Capsicum Tomato Chorizo Sauce, Pumpkin, Zucchini and Mashed Sweet Potato”.
The former is a breaded cutlet dish of meat pounded thin and wrapped around a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss Gruyere cheese, which is breaded and then pan-fried. Chorizo is made from coarse pork seasoned with paprika and salt and is commonly used in appetizers or as a filling in “Bacadillo” – a Spanish word for a sandwich made with French bread. For the pan-fried cod dish, chorizo is a key ingredient that helps to give a kick to the capsicum sauce and provides the perfect accompaniment to the subtle flavours of the fish.
Other signature dishes include “Pan-fried Lamb Chop with Lamb Jus, Grilled Zucchini, Pumpkin and Gratin Potato” from France, “Pan-fried Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce and Mozzarella, Truffled Polenta and Italian Tasco Vegetables” from Italy, “Braised Lamb Shank with Potato Gnocchi” from Germany and many more. Dishes in the new menu will be offered inflight on a rotational basis.
Full list of dishes from Dragonair’s newly launched European Cuisine Menu available in First Class and Business Class on selected flights from Hong Kong to Beijing and Shanghai:
- Herb Cheese Chicken Breast with Chicken Jus, Vine Ripe Tomato, Pumpkin and Gratin Potato
- Pan-fried Lamb Chop with Lamb Jus, Grilled Zucchini, Pumpkin and Gratin Potato
- Roasted Duck Breast with Demi-glace, Cherry Tomato Ragout, Kenya Bean and Gratin Potato
- Duck Confit with Balsamic Reduction, Mini Ratatouille, Asparagus and Lemon Garlic Potato
- Lamb Chop with Lamb Jus, Roasted Vegetables and Creamed Pesto Potato Gnocchi
- Pan-seared Lamb Loin with Red Onion Gravy, Potato Gnocchi and Kenya Bean
- Lamb Shank Brasato, Grilled Zucchini, Asparagus and Orechiette Pasta
- Cod Gremolata with Lemon Caper Salsa and Pappardelle Pasta
- Deep-fried Breaded Chicken Breast with Chicken Jus, Mediterranean Vegetables and Sautéed Potatoes
- Pan-seared Scallop with Pesto Sauce and Saffron Risotto
- Chicken Scaloppini with Marsala Wine Sauce, Grilled Vegetables, Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
- Pan-fried Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce and Mozzarella, Truffled Polenta and Italian Tasco Vegetables
- Seafood, Chorizo and Pea Paella (Squid, Prawns and Mussels)
- Pan-fried Cod Fish with Capsicum Tomato Chorizo Sauce, Pumpkin, Zucchini and Mashed Sweet Potato
- Spanish Pork Brocheta with Paprika Sauce, Ratatouille, Kenya Bean and Parisenne Potatoes
- Poached Salmon with Herbs White Wine Cream Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Baby Carrot and Potatoes
- Baked Chicken with Gruyere and Sage in Mushroom Sauce, Grilled Yellow Squash, Pumpkin and Casarecia Pasta
- Pan-fried Beef Tenderloin with Demi-glace, Vine Ripe Tomato and Spaetzles
- Magret de Canard with Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Savoy Cabbage and Potato
- Coq au Vin with Kenya Bean, Asparagus and Fondant Potato
- Pork Loin with Sage Jus, Spinach, Vine Ripe Tomato and Kipfler Potato
- Prawn and Scallop with Parsley Cream, Sautéed Mixed Mushroom, Asparagus and Tagliatelle
- Sauerbraten with Spaetzle, Braised Red Currant Cabbage and Kenya Beans
- Pork Loin and Sausage with Demi-glace and Onion Jam, Mashed Potato, Sauerkraut and Kenya Beans
- Braised Lamb Shank with Potato Gnocchi
- Seafood with Basil Cream, Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Mozarella Gnocchi
- Nurnberger Sausage and Rippli with Onion Sauce, Green Bean and Braised Red Currant Cabbage
- Grilled Fillet of Sole Café de Paris with Grilled Zucchini, Cherry Tomato Ragout and Spinach Lemon Fennel Linguine Pasta
- Braised Lamb Shank with Pappardelle Pasta and Roasted Vegetables
- Italian Bruschetta Chicken with Chicken Jus, Mushroom Risotto Cake, Sugar Beans and Turned Carrot
- Italian Seafood Alfredo with Mozzarella and Green Fettuccine Pasta
- Italian Beef Lasagne
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Pork Piccata with Angel Hair Pasta
- Pork Cordon Bleu with Demi-glace, Kenya Bean, Cherry Tomato Ragout and Potato
- Herb Cheese Chicken Breast with Fondant White Wine Sauce, Green Peas and Gratin Potato
- Veal Zurichoise with Rosti Potato, Broccoli and Carrot
- Poached Salmon with Herbs White Wine Cream Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Baby Carrot and Potato
- Pork Steak with Sage Gruyere Gratin, Potato, Green Bean and Grilled Pepper